This is a compilation of a 3-part series:
1. Understanding the Disease of Addiction
- This training will focus on the understanding addiction as a disease and the physical impacts of addiction on the brain. Discussion will include vulnerabilities to addiction, co-occurring disorders, stages of change and recovery, and understanding relapse including post-acute withdrawal syndrome.
2. Philosophy & Guidelines of Family Recovery Supports
- This training will focus on understanding the philosophies and framework from which to provide family recovery supports, including cultural humility, trauma and grief informed care, providing person and family centered and strengths based care. Discussion will also include setting appropriate boundaries and the ethical considerations in providing peer to peer supports, how to share your story, and appropriate supervision or oversight of family recovery support
3. Providing Family Recovery Supports
- This training will focus on how to facilitate family recovery supports to individual families or family members, facilitate support groups, and how to facilitate educational activities in the community. Discussion will include tools and methods to use including developing action plans with families, conducting recovery check-ins, and reducing stigma in the community.
Please note: The materials in this repository are intended for use by STR trainers and technical assistance providers. The materials are gathered from various sources and may not reflect the full HHS standards of Section 508 compliance for accessibility by people with disabilities. If you have questions about the accessibility status of materials, please use the contact information associated with the resource record.