In this module you will learn to:
- To describe the Behavioral Health Services Cascade.
- To identify how the roles of the PO and CP contribute to the Behavioral Health Services Cascade.
- To recognize how the roles of POs and CPs intersect when working with individuals on community supervision.
- To explain the importance of working relationships between POs and CPs.
- To describe what ideal forms of communication look like between POs and CPs when working with an individual on community supervision.
- To give examples of how to incorporate the individual on community supervision into the relationship between the PO and CP.
Video: Working relationship between probation officers and community providers
Bonus Interactive Activity
This activity is designed to help probation staff and community treatment providers identify the steps to move informal communication and information sharing about MOUD treatment into standardized agency practice.
The Community Treatment Provider’s Role
This handout is designed to assist probation officers in understanding the role of the community treatment provider in working with individuals on community supervision engaged in MOUD.
The Probation Officer’s Role
This handout is designed to assist community treatment providers in understanding the role of the probation officer in working with individuals on community supervision engaged in MOUD.
Additional Resources and References