The Opioid Response Network would like to share the stories below so you can see some of the work being done throughout the 50 states and nine territories. If you have an ORN story you would like to share, please contact your TTS.
- Harvesting Seeds of Wellness
- Building Youth Substance Use Prevention Programming
- ORN Consultant Spotlight
- Treating HIV and substance use disorders in gay Black men
- Faith-Based Outreach Program Addresses Opioid and Stimulant Use Disorders in Maryland, Reaches Thousands
- A Rhode Island Grandmother Reaches Out to Help Other Grandparents Affected by Opioid Crisis
By Tonya Tavares, Technology Transfer Specialist, VT, ME, NH, RI, CT, MA
- Community Joins Together to Add Substance Use Prevention Curriculum in Orthodox Jewish Private Schools
By Ariel Hurley, Technology Transfer Specialist, NY & NJ
- Four Clinics in Rural Colorado Launch Efforts to Begin Treating OUD, Saving Lives
- Opioid Symposium has Big Impact on Maine Clinicians
- STR-TA Steps in to Assist North Carolina Counties in Prevention and Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder
- Clinics Working Collaboratively to Treat OUD Patients
By Jan Schnellman, Med, TTS AK, OR, WA
- Kansas City Man on a Mission to Create a Recovery High School
- A Local Effort Grows into Statewide Initiative Following Request
- Texas Goes Big with "ORN Online Grand Rounds" Targeting FQHCs
- ORN Partners with CA to Address Post Incarceration Drug Overdose Deaths
- NH Initiative Led By Family: Teaching Self-Care to Workforce Touched by Opioid Crisis
- ORN Using Novel Approach to Help South Dakota Address Local Needs
- Local Community Group Finds Common Ground with the Nation's First 24/7 Opioid Treatment on Demand (OTOD) Clinic
- Working with Nevada Tribal Community to Expand MAT
- Over 35 States Represented in Rhode Island on Treating Opioid Use Disorder in Corrections Settings
- ORN Enhances Staff Skills at Leading Outpatient Center
- Overcoming Barriers Facing the Deaf Community Confronting Treatment and Recovery Programs
- ORN Works with Pain Clinic to Get Buy-in to Treat OUD
- Turning Data into a Human Story was Result of Arizona TA Request
- ORN Works With New Mexico Tribal Community on Opioid Summit
Would you like to share some of your successes with others? Consider submitting an activity where there was success in applying an evidence-based practice addressing prevention, treatment, and recovery interventions.
Or if you are struggling to make your STR strategic plan work, you might benefit from reading and considering the lessons learned from other states and organizations.
The Opioid Response Network was built on the idea of collaboration and sharing. There are many opportunities for collaboration and sharing lessons learned to avoid "recreating the wheel" and wasting time and money. We value sharing information and evidence-based solutions. Therefore, we have created a space where you can submit your best practices and lessons learned to share with others. NOTE: all submissions will be reviewed before being posted to the website. To join the conversation, feature your story or share your successes you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 401-270-5900.